In August 2012, the United States Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") issued its final rules regarding "Conflict Minerals"
(known as ‘3TG' - Tantalum, Tin, Tungsten and Gold) as defined in and re- quired by section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street
Reform and Consumer Protection Act (the "Act"). As a result, many companies are now focusing on whether and to what extent
their products contain Conflict Minerals and whether such Conflict Minerals come from the Democratic Republic of Congo and
the adjoining countries named in the Act.
As SEW-EURODRIVE is not a publicly listed company, SEW-EURODRIVE itself is not subject to the rules of the Act. Nonetheless
SEW-EURODRIVE strives to be a good corporate citizen and intends to help its customers in complying with the Act, if needed.
We are committed to ensuring the health, safety and protection of people who come into contact with our products and business,
and we require high social, environmental and human rights standards among our suppliers. Managing our obligations in relation
to Conflict Minerals is a part of this corporate responsibility.
We are working towards ensuring that our products do not contain Conflict Minerals that have been sourced from mines that
support or fund conflict within the Democratic Republic of Congo or adjoining countries. Therefore we are committed to:
- Identifying which SEW-EURODRIVE products are impacted and targeting our efforts accordingly
- Not buying products and materials containing Conflict Minerals directly from Conflict Mines
- Asking our suppliers to work towards ensuring that any Conflict Minerals contained in the products and materials supplied
to SEW-EURODRIVE do not originate from Conflict Mines
In addition, we are committed to engaging with our customers regarding their disclosure obligations.
In working towards these commitments, we have taken a number of steps that include:
- Obliging our suppliers to avoid the use of Conflict Minerals by a respective provision within our general terms and conditions
- Requiring our suppliers to complete the CFSI form, in case of doubts regarding the use of Conflict Minerals.
- In-depth review of supplier and its products, in case of suspicion of the use of Conflict Minerals